Alegria believes in supporting the “whole person” and in offering opportunities that inspire growth for each individual. We have hired community practitioners in the following areas and are in the process of developing a network of consultants that may be accessed by the individuals who reside in the homes supported by Alegria. These may include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Holistic Chef
- Registered Dietician
Types of Homes
Alegria Community Living operates two types of homes in Alameda County and Contra Costa County: Nine Special Residential Facilities (SRF), either Adult Residential Facilities (ARF) or Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE).
- SRH (Special Residential Home): Adult Residential Facilities (ARF): These houses are managed by a Home Administrator licensed by the State of California.
- RCFE (Residential Care Facility for the Elderly): These houses are managed by a Home Administrator trained in caring for conditions specific to elderly adults as well as all of the same training requirements of a Home Administrator for adult community care facilities. Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) provide care, supervision and assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and grooming. They may also provide incidental medical services under special care plans. The facilities provide services to persons 60 years of age and over and persons under 60 with compatible needs. The residents in these facilities require varying levels of personal care and protective supervision.
Behavioral services with Alegria Community Living consist of an initial meeting with the Behavioral Consulting Team member and each individual, their family members, case manager, caregiver, and whoever is closely involved in the individual’s life and care. We get to know many aspects of the individual’s personality, communication style, strengths, and coping skills in order to address behavioral challenges in depth.
The Behavioral Consultants are available and present at each of the homes on a regular basis to address concerns and train and support staff on how to best serve the individual to incorporate positive behavior changes. We work ongoing as a team to teach and learn from one another.
Alegria understands that well-paid, valued, supported, and well-trained staff will provide consistent and quality care. We are committed to keeping our salaries competitive and provide excellent benefits for our team members.
Our Behavioral Consulting Team Services and Nursing Manager visit the homes regularly to provide hands-on training to all of our staff.
Quality Assurance and Accountability
Ongoing training, monitoring, and development of staff will ensure that Alegria’s broader vision will be realized by each individual we serve. In addition to our strict internal quality assurance, Alegria will be monitored for quality by the following entities:
Community Care Licensing
Regional Center of the East Bay
The Department of Developmental Services – Developed a new system of quality management (QMS) that monitors the life quality, health, and safety of individuals who transition from Agnews Developmental Center into the community. Each agency must be certified to do so by the Department of Developmental Services. The QMS system was built to accomplish the following:
- Ensure responsiveness to what is and what is not working for the individual
- Facilitate a team approach for supporting positive individual outcomes and provider success
- Establish provider expectations that focus on individual quality-of-life outcomes that include and go beyond health and safety compliance
- Support continuous quality improvement of services and supports.